Flightradar24 is one of the most successful growth-stage tech companies in Stockholm. Each day more than 3 million aviation enthusiasts visit Flightradar24 (app/website) and our Commercial services team has many of the biggest names in aviation on its customer list.
All this is made possible thanks to our globally distributed network of 30,000+ Raspberry Pi-based radio receivers that feed real-time aircraft data into the Flightradar24 platform. Over a billion database entries are added each month and we are processing several years of historical data totalling many terabytes. Our proprietary flight tracking data is industry leading and even investigative government agencies from around the world rely on it for aviation accident investigations.
We are looking for a Engineering Manager with a passion for web technologies, with a strong test-driven mindset with a big focus on product quality, to lead cross functional (full stack developers and QAs) remote Web teams. You’ll lead remote groups of talented full-stack and front-end developers that are split into 2-3 teams. With focus on adding new and exciting features as well as modernising the existing code base you will help to improve the experience for millions of passionate visitors to Flightradar24.com and its sister site JetPhotos.com.
The position requires that you are able to work in Stockholm, Sweden.
What you’ll do
- Lead, coach and mentor 2-3 distributed development teams
- Promote modern engineering and agile development practices, as well as a collaborative team culture, within your team and across the organisation
- Drive continuous improvement and delivery, focusing on quality and timeliness, addressing business needs as well as long-term technical direction, including strategy for handling technical debt
- Work closely with the Web Product Owner to support prioritisation and coordination in the team
- Define and drive the QA strategy across the whole organisation
- Be a DevOps promoter
- Identify team staffing needs and recruit outstanding web development talent
- Be part of the Tech Management team and contribute to our Tech Strategy
- Report to the CTO
Who you are
- Passionate about building and guiding teams
- Passionate about "building-quality-in", QA, testing and improving product quality from a tech perspective
- Proven track record of leading team(s) of web developers in an agile development environment, preferably including remote team members
- Technical background with software architecture experience
- Good understanding of current and emerging web platforms, technologies, frameworks, and tools
- Experience recruiting web developers
- Have a growth mindset
- Like to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with high-traffic website/web service and large-scale data sets
- A great communicator with strong written (including technical writing) and spoken English (Swedish is not a requirement for this role)
- Able to work in Stockholm, Sweden
- Bonus points if you have experience developing, documenting, and/or managing public API
With over 3 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play charts. We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the biggest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden
- Being part of a diverse team with 20+ nationalities and 6 continents represented