Flightradar24 is looking for a PHP Backend Developer who is experienced with PHP web backend code and modern REST API development. You will play an important role in developing both the Flightradar24 website and API services, and your work will improve the experience of millions of users every day.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with a small team of developers and product owners on developing features for the Flightradar24 API services and websites
- Deliver modern, testable and maintainable code using modern PHP7 (and soon PHP8), frameworks, and DevOps technologies
- Be a lead contributor in the development of new API services
- Participate in knowledge sharing and mentoring for other developers in your team
Who you are
- Extensive experience with modern REST API and web development in PHP7, preferably using frameworks such as Slim, Lumen, Laravel, and/or Symfony
- Experience with development of APIs based on OpenAPI 3.x.
- Strong plus for experience with design-first API approaches, with the OpenAPI specification as "single source of truth" to generate documentation, client SDKs, tests, and mock implementations
- Natural focus on high standards and quality, automated testing, unit tests, and CI/CD practices
- Experience with high-performance web delivery, caching, DevOps practices, and cloud operations (AWS, and specifically their API Gateway)
- Strong written and spoken English
Note that this is a fully remote position, but we would like you be located within a 3-hour time difference from Central European Time (CET/CEST) to align your working hours with the rest of the team.
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service and our apps regularly top the App Store and Google Play charts. We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.