IoT Technical Support Specialist (ADS-B)
Flightradar24 is growing its global network of approximately 20,000 radio receivers that collect data transmitted by aircraft. This data is at the heart of the industry-leading flight tracking services we provide to consumers and businesses. We are looking for a tech savvy Flightradar24 enthusiast to join the team that is responsible for maximizing the up-time and coverage of the receivers and keeping the aviation enthusiasts and professionals around the world who share data (either by hosting equipment provided by Flightradar24 or by using their own equipment) excited and engaged.
This position is open both to applicants who can work from our Stockholm, Sweden office and to applicants who are interested in working remotely with occasional travel to Stockholm.
What you’ll do
- Provide tech support on ADS-B hardware and software related issues
- Write bug reports and escalate issues to the development team when necessary
- Proactively reach out to data sharers to help them maximize receiver up-time and coverage
- Monitor online forums and social media channels and join relevant discussions
- Be a passionate data sharer advocate in the Flightradar24 organization continuously on the lookout for ADS-B hardware and software improvements
Who you are
- Passion for helping others and creating support experiences that wow our data sharers
- Genuine interest in consumer electronics, including troubleshooting. Ideal candidates will have experience from installing and configuring radio receiver equipment, preferably ADS-B equipment
- Familiarity with Linux and Raspberry Pi devices
- Customer support experience
- Online forum moderator experience
- Excellent English skills (written and verbal). Extra points if you speak another major language, especially Japanese or French
- Good-to-haves include aviation interest and experience from managing social media accounts
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play charts and Wall Street Journal refers to Flightradar24 as the "Facebook of aviation". We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us. Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden
- Being part of a diverse team with 15+ nationalities and 5 continents represented