Flightradar24 is looking for experienced, well-rounded C++ and Python developers. You will play an important role in building and improving our back-end systems, processing very high volumes of aviation data like flight positions each day.
Your work will improve the experience of millions of daily Flightradar24 users, as well as enable our business and enterprise customers to effectively integrate our aviation data and services with their businesses.
What you’ll do
- Develop our back-end systems using modern C++ and Python on a Linux platform, using open source tools like RabbitMQ, Redis, and MySQL, as well as cloud services
- Improve our flight tracking coverage with semi-embedded C++ development for our global network of Raspberry Pi-based ADS-B receivers (approximately 20,000 devices)
- Design and implement big data streaming, ingestion, and event processing using both cloud and on-premise SQL and NoSQL systems
- Expand our flight event detection logic and find new ways to use our data
- Improve robustness of our systems using cloud infrastructure like AWS and Azure, and tools like Terraform, Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Apply analytic and algorithmic skills to solve software design and aviation tracking challenges
Who you are
- Experienced software engineer with at least 4 years of professional development, ideally in online/web services environments and with similar tech stacks
- Experience with modern C++ '11-'20, STL and Boost, Python 3, as well as an understanding of data structures, algorithms and their use cases and efficiency
- Passionate about development best practices and quality efforts, such as test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration, etc.
- You know how to design simple, performant, testable, and maintainable software
- You love what you do and are passionate about code and technology
- You have a university degree in computer science or similar
- You have strong written and spoken English – Swedish is not needed for this role
- If you have experience with aviation data standards including ADS-B, that’s a big plus
- Note that this is a fully remote position, but we would like you be located within a 2-hour time difference from Sweden's timezone (CET/CEST) to align your working hours with the rest of the team.
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service and our apps regularly top the App Store and Google Play charts. We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden
- Being part of a diverse team with 15+ nationalities and 5 continents represented