Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. More than 2 million people use our website and mobile apps every day. When something exciting happens, such as when the pope or the Antonov An-225 are flying, our servers get pummeled.
In addition to our systems and cloud infrastructures we operate a globally distributed network of 30,000 Raspberry Pi-based radio receivers, feeding real-time aircraft data into our platform.
We’re now looking for a talented and driven Senior Infrastructure Engineer who is well versed in system administration, modern data center and cloud ops, and automation.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and evolve our system infrastructure based on a modern virtualized data center environment as well as AWS and Azure cloud services
- Continuously optimize systems capacity and performance to support growth and peak traffic events
- Contribute to and support scaling out of infrastructure and services to cloud platforms
- Diagnose and improve the performance and reliability of on-prem and cloud infrastructure, including networking, virtualization, SAN and other storage
- Build and maintain Infrastructure-as-Code templates and scripting to standardize and automate the provisioning of infrastructure resources
- Interact closely with our developers to deliver a highly performant and reliable live production platform, and investigate production issues for continuous improvement
- Join and support the rotation of on-call staff to ensure rapid responses to critical live issues 24/7
- Over time work with much of our tech stack, including: Linux, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, MySQL, Redis Cluster, RabbitMQ, Haproxy, Nginx, VMWare ESXi, Juniper network equipment, Dell hardware, Dell EMC SAN, Cloudflare, AWS, Azure, Datadog
Who you are
- Extensive professional experience in system administration and operations, preferably on high throughput and low latency systems
- Significant networking experience, including switch and firewall configuration and filtering, routing, BGP, DNS, VPN, VPCs
- Hands-on experience with service orchestration, containerization, automation, scripting, configuration management
- Cloud experience, preferably including AWS EC2, S3, RDS, and relevant services
- Experience with virtualization on bare-metal hardware (we use VMWare ESXi), and comfortable setting up and working with hardware and equipment in data centers
- Experience with transforming growing environments of large-scale systems, including migration to modern architectures
- A self-starter who naturally assumes responsibility for driving projects forward
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Comfortable working in a distributed team of multiple nationalities
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play charts and our data is regularly cited by major media worldwide. We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation, including airlines, airports and manufacturers.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden
- Being part of a diverse team with 15+ nationalities and 5 continents represented
Does this sound interesting but you want to know more? Just send us your questions via the button below. You can withdraw your interest at any time.