Senior C++ Developer
Engineering – Stockholm
Flightradar24 is looking for an experienced, well-rounded C++ and Python developer. You will play an important role in building and improving our back-end systems, processing very high volumes of aviation data like flight positions each day.
Your work will improve the experience of millions of daily Flightradar24 users, as well as enable our business and enterprise customers to effectively integrate our aviation data and services with their businesses.
What you’ll do
- Develop our back-end systems using modern C++ and Python on a Linux platform, using open source tools like RabbitMQ, Redis, Memcache, and MariaDB
- Improve our flight tracking coverage with semi-embedded development for our large global network of ADS-B receivers
- Design and implement big data flow and storage using both SQL and NoSQL storages
- Improve robustness of our systems using cloud infrastructure like AWS and Azure, and tools like Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Apply analytic and algorithmic skills to solve software design problems
Who you are
- You are an experienced C++ and Python engineer with at least 3 years of professional development in a team-based environment
- You have experience employing development best practices, such as test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration, etc.
- You have experience with the C++ STL and Boost as well as an understanding of data structures and algorithms, including their efficiency
- You know how to design simple, performant, testable, and maintainable software
- Programming is more than a job for you -- you love what you do and are passionate about code and technology
- You have a university degree in computer science or similar
- You have strong written and spoken English - Swedish is not needed for this role
- If you have experience with aviation data standards including ADS-B, that’s a big plus
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play charts and Wall Street Journal refers to Flightradar24 as the "Facebook of aviation". We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden
- Being part of a diverse team with 15+ nationalities and 5 continents represented