We are looking for a talented Android developer to join our team and help improve the world’s most popular flight-tracking app. You will play an important role in our app development team, implementing new features, improving performance and building beautiful interfaces. Above all, your work will impact the way millions of users experience Flightradar24.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with a small team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems and features
- Be a lead contributor to the continuous work of refactoring and modernizing our app and developing and maintaining a high-quality codebase
- Deliver modern, testable, and maintainable code adhering to Android development best practices
- Participate in knowledge sharing and team work with the other developers in your team
Who you are
- You have at least 4 years of professional Android app development experience, preferably on apps with a large user base
- You have experience working with both Kotlin and Java
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- You have experience with writing automated tests (unit tests, UI tests, etc.)
- You have experience with refactoring and modernizing an app that has been under development for many years, e.g. with regards to modernizing architecture, testability, patterns, etc.
- You have experience interacting with Google Play Services APIs, Firebase APIs, Google Maps APIs or other external API services
- You have strong written and spoken English
- You are located within a 2 hour time difference from Sweden's timezone in order to work full time together with the team
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play charts and our data is regularly cited by major media worldwide. We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation, including airlines, airports and manufacturers.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden
- Being part of a diverse team with 15+ nationalities and 5 continents represented