C++ / Python Developer
We usually respond within three days
Flightradar24 is looking for experienced, well-rounded developers with both C++ and Python experience to expand our team in Stockholm, Sweden. You will play an important role in building and improving our back-end systems, processing very high volumes of aviation data like flight positions each day.
Your work will improve the experience of millions of daily Flightradar24 users, as well as enable our business and enterprise customers to effectively integrate our aviation data and services with their businesses.
What you’ll do
- Develop our back-end systems using modern C++ and Python on a Linux platform, using open source tools like RabbitMQ, Redis, Kafka and MySQL, as well as cloud services
- Improve our flight tracking and enriched data services, processing real-time updates from our network of Raspberry Pi-based ADS-B receivers all around the world (approximately 30,000 devices)
- Design and implement big data streaming, ingestion, and event processing using both cloud and on-premise SQL and NoSQL systems
- Expand our flight event detection logic and find new ways to use our data
- Improve robustness of our systems using cloud infrastructure like AWS and Azure, and tools like Terraform, Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Apply analytic and algorithmic skills to solve software design and aviation tracking challenges
Who you are
- Experienced software engineer with at least 4 years of professional development, ideally in online/web services environments and with similar tech stacks
- Experience with modern C++ '11-'20, STL and Boost, as well as an understanding of data structures, algorithms and their use cases and efficiency
- Skilled at Python 3 and its library modules, going beyond basic scripting and on to larger production-critical applications including multiple instances and concurrency
- Passionate about development best practices and quality efforts, such as test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration, etc.
- You know how to design simple, performant, testable, and maintainable software
- You love what you do and are passionate about code and technology
- You have a university degree in computer science or similar
- You have strong written and spoken English
- Experience with Machine Learning would be a bonus
- If you have experience with aviation data standards including ADS-B, that’s a big plus
Note that being available for hybrid work from our office in central Stockholm is preferred, however we will also consider candidates available to work remotely from elsewhere in Sweden.
With over 3 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play Travel charts. We also offer a wide range of commercial services and our customers include many of the biggest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
- C++ Developer
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Flightradar24 started as a hobby project in 2006 when two Swedish aviation geeks decided to build a network of ADS-B receivers in Northern and Central Europe. In 2009 we opened up the network, and made it possible for anyone with an ADS-B receiver to upload data to the network. Many parts of the world were quickly covered, but the quest to provide global ADS-B coverage is still ongoing.
Flightradar24 at a glance
- Largest ADS-B network in the world with over 30,000 connected receivers
- 3+ million users per day
- 50+ million app downloads
C++ / Python Developer
Loading application form
Already working at Flightradar24?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.