Do you love aviation, have a knack for creating captivating content, and know what makes journalists tick? We are expanding our Content & Communications team to continue to delight and inform our 3 million+ daily users and 1.5 million+ social media followers with captivating aviation stories. You will also help the most trusted media outlets around the world tell important aviation stories using Flightradar24’s industry leading flight tracking data.
The position is open to applicants who can work from our Stockholm, Sweden office as well as to applicants who are interested in working remotely, anywhere in the world, with occasional travel to Stockholm.
What you’ll do
- Ideate and create engaging written and visual content for both social media and own platforms, including captivating in-depth stories for the Flightradar24 blog
- Establish, develop and nurture relationships with aviation journalists and influencers to help them make the best use of Flightradar24 data in their content
- Field media enquiries in a timely and helpful manner to convert first-time media requests into long-term relationships
- Engage with dedicated Flightradar24 users via occasional video and podcast contributions as well as contribute to our email newsletter sent to nearly 1 million subscribers each week
- Respond to questions and engage in relevant discussions in social media to educate users on aviation topics generally and Flightradar24 in particular
Who you are
You’re a passionate avgeek who has excitedly explained the ‘barking dog’ sound from the A320’s PTU to a puzzled seatmate—probably more than once. You have a long list of Flightradar24 custom alerts and you’ve perfected the right combination of map style, weather layers, and aeronautical charts. You’re a lover of things that fly and you’re eager to share your expertise and enthusiasm with seasoned aviation enthusiasts and newcomers alike.
- Proven excellent writing (English) skills - sentence structure, grammar, varied vocabulary, spelling, style - with samples available
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas that attract attention
- Social media management experience on platforms such as Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Self-starter that is eager to find aviation stories that will be interesting to the Flightradar24 audience
- Video and/or audio production/editing experience, you’re comfortable in front of a camera or microphone (desirable)
With over 3 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play Travel charts. We also offer a wide range of commercial services and our customers include many of the biggest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden
- Being part of a diverse team with 20 nationalities and 6 continents represented