Flightradar24 is searching for a hands-on technical Engineering Manager, with strong experience in the web ecosystem as well as with leading teams. You will lead and support our team of developers modernizing and developing the Flightradar24 website, improving the experience of millions of users every day.
As an engineering manager your role will be to make sure that your team members have the means and environment to do meaningful, efficient, and effective work, that they grow as engineers, and have a great time working together as a team.
In addition to being a great team manager, a solid background in software development is a must, in order to be a hands-on participant in your team's work and to successfully challenge and grow your team members.
What you’ll do
- Lead a partially distributed team of 5-10 software engineers through hiring, coaching and mentoring, as well as hands-on participation in their work.
- Promote modern engineering and agile development practices, as well as a collaborative team culture, within your team and across the business
- Be actively involved in your team's projects, with hands-on development, writing and reviewing code, and planning and coordination
- Drive continuous improvement and delivery, focusing on quality and timeliness, addressing both business needs as well as the long-term technical direction
- Be an active part of the engineering department's leadership and collaborate with other leaders in the organization
Who you are
- You truly enjoy working with people and have previous experience in leading, managing and coaching a team of software developers, also including remote team members
- You have worked in, promoted, and advanced agile development environments, and understand how to leverage the process to enable your team to perform
- Solid experience with modern web development and deep understanding of current and emerging web platforms, technologies, frameworks, and tools
- Practical experience in PHP7 and preferably also Node.js development, and familiarity with modern front-end code (e.g. ES6/TypeScript and HTML5/CSS3)
- Experience working with high-traffic websites or web services and large-scale data sets
- Natural focus and experience with driving high engineering standards and quality efforts through e.g. automated testing, unit tests, and continuous integration
- A great communicator with strong written and spoken English – Swedish is not needed for this role
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play charts and Wall Street Journal refers to Flightradar24 as the "Facebook of aviation". We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden
- Being part of a diverse team with 15+ nationalities and 5 continents represented