Full-Stack Engineer (PHP, Node, JS)
Engineering - Stockholm or Remote
Flightradar24 is looking for an experienced Full-Stack Engineer. You will play an important role in modernizing and developing the Flightradar24 website, and your work will improve the experience of millions of users every day.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with a small team of developers and product owners on developing features for the Flightradar24 website and supporting services
- Deliver modern, testable, and maintainable code
- Modernize and refactor our server-side web stack in PHP7 and Node.js as well as ES6, HTML5, and CSS3
- Bind our front-end and back-end services together and continuously optimize the performance and delivery of the website
- Participate in knowledge sharing and mentoring for other developers in your team
Who you are
- At least 4 years experience of modern web development
- Deep understanding of current and emerging web platforms, technologies, frameworks, and tools
- Several years of experience with back-end web development in PHP7 and preferably also Node.js, REST API development, and working with a multitude of data sources e.g. MySQL, Redis, NoSQL (we use DynamoDB) etc.
- Knowledge of responsive design practices, delivered cleanly and consistently across a wide variety of platforms, browsers, and devices
- Natural focus on high standards and quality, automated testing, unit tests, and continuous integration practices
- Experience with high-performance web delivery, troubleshooting bottlenecks, optimizing back-end and front-end code, page-load performance, and caching is a strong plus
- Strong written and spoken English – Swedish is not needed for this role
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service and our apps regularly top the App Store and Google Play charts. We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden
- Being part of a diverse team with 15+ nationalities and 5 continents represented