Flightradar24 is looking for experienced, well-rounded Python developers. You will play an important role in building and improving our back-end systems, processing very high volumes of aviation data like flight positions and events each day.
Your work will improve the experience of millions of daily Flightradar24 users, as well as enable our business and enterprise customers to effectively integrate our aviation data and services with their businesses.
What you’ll do
- Develop our back-end systems using Python on a Linux platform, using open source tools like RabbitMQ, Redis, and MySQL, as well as cloud services
- Improve our flight data services by processing and enriching data from our network of Raspberry Pi-based ADS-B receivers all around the world (approximately 30,000 devices)
- Design and implement big data streaming, ingestion, and event processing using both cloud and on-premise SQL and NoSQL systems
- Find new ways to process and present our data for different consumers
- Improve robustness of our systems using cloud infrastructure like AWS and Azure, and tools like Terraform, Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Publish, consume and transform large data volumes using both open and proprietary services including JSON, protobuf, binary and other formats
Who you are
- Experienced software engineer with at least 3 years of professional development, ideally in online/web services environments and with similar tech stacks
- Skilled at Python 3 and its library modules, going beyond basic scripting and on to larger production-critical applications including multiple instances and concurrency
- Familiar with other programming languages, in particular binding Python with C or C++ modules
- Passionate about development best practices and quality efforts, such as test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration, etc.
- You know how to design simple, performant, testable, and maintainable software
- You love what you do and are passionate about code and technology
- You have a university degree in computer science or similar
- You have strong written and spoken English
- If you have experience with aviation data standards, that’s a big plus
Note that this is a fully remote position, but we would like you to be located within a 3-hour time difference from Central European Time (CET/CEST) to align your working hours with the rest of the team.
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service and our apps regularly top the App Store and Google Play charts. We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.