Flightradar24 has a network of more than 30,000 ADS-B receivers that track aircraft globally. This data is at the heart of the industry-leading flight tracking services that we provide to 30 million+ monthly app/website users and to many of the most recognizable aviation companies.
We are looking for a tech-savvy flight tracking enthusiast to join the team that is responsible for increasing our ADS-B coverage. You’ll be involved in everything from screening new applications from people wanting to host a Flightradar24 ADS-B receiver to maximizing the uptime and coverage of existing installations.
The position is open both to applicants who want to work fully remotely from anywhere in the world and to those who want to/can work from our Stockholm, Sweden office.
What you’ll do
Provide tech support on ADS-B hardware and software related issues
Write bug reports and escalate issues to development team when necessary
Proactively reach out to data sharers with the aim to maximize uptime and coverage
Evaluate applications to host ADS-B receivers that Flightradar24 send out free of charge to suitable hosts
Monitor, maintain and when possible, repair radio receivers that are returned to us (if you are based in Stockholm)
Keep the aviation enthusiasts and professionals around the world who upload ADS-B data to Flightradar24 excited and engaged
Monitor online forums and social media channels and join relevant discussions
Be a passionate data sharer advocate in the Flightradar24 organization continuously on the lookout for ADS-B hardware, software and process improvements
Who you are
- Enjoy helping others and creating support experiences that wow our data sharers
- Passionate about aviation in general and flight tracking in particular
- Radio communication background having configured transceivers and antennas, preferably ADS-B equipment. Extra points if you have amateur (ham) radio experience
- Familiar with Linux and Raspberry Pi devices
- Excellent English skills (written and verbal). Extra points if you speak another major language
- Good-to-haves include customer support experience, managing social media accounts, and/or moderating an online forum
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play charts and Wall Street Journal refers to Flightradar24 as the "Facebook of aviation". We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden
- Being part of a diverse team with 15+ nationalities and 5 continents represented