Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. More than 3 million people use our website and mobile apps every day. When something exciting happens, such as when the pope or football teams are flying, our servers get pummelled.
In addition to our systems and cloud infrastructures we operate a globally distributed network of 30,000 Raspberry Pi-based radio receivers, feeding real-time aircraft data into our platform.
We’re now looking for a talented and driven Site Reliability Engineer who is well versed in system administration, ops in modern data centers and cloud as well as automation.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and evolve our system infrastructure based on a modern virtualized data center environment as well as AWS and Azure cloud services
- Standardize and automate the provisioning of infrastructure resources via Infrastructure-as-Code, orchestration, and configuration management
- Optimize the reliability and performance of on-prem and cloud infrastructure, including networking, virtualization, SAN and other storage
- Contribute to and support scaling out of infrastructure and services to cloud platforms
- Interact closely with our developers to deliver a highly performant and reliable live production platform, and investigate production issues for continuous improvement
- Be part of developing our future private cloud based on open technologies like OpenStack, Ceph, and KVM, and integration with public clouds
- Over time work with much of our tech stack, including: Linux, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, MySQL, Redis Cluster, RabbitMQ, Haproxy, Nginx, VMware ESXi, Juniper Networks, Dell EMC SAN, Cloudflare, AWS, Azure, Datadog, Jenkins
Who you are
- Extensive professional experience in Linux system administration and operations, preferably on large-scale low latency systems
- Hands-on experience with service orchestration, containerization, automation, scripting, configuration management
- Passionate about high performance computing and want to modernize and optimize our infrastructure for the big flows of data that we process
- Experience with virtualization on bare-metal hardware, preferably VMware ESXi & vSphere, and working with hardware and equipment in data centers
- Networking experience is desirable, e.g. switch and firewall configuration and routing
- AWS cloud experience, e.g. EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, VPC, is a plus
- A self-starter who naturally assumes responsibility for driving projects forward
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Comfortable working in a distributed team of multiple nationalities
Note that this is a fully remote position (or optionally, hybrid remote for candidates in Stockholm, Sweden), but we would like you to be located within a 3-hour time difference from Central European Time (CET/CEST) to align your working hours with the rest of the team.
With over 3 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play charts and our data is regularly cited by major media worldwide. We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the biggest names in aviation, including airlines, airports and aircraft manufacturers.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.