Node.js Developer (API & Web)
Engineering – Stockholm
Flightradar24 is looking for an experienced Node.js Developer with extensive API development experience. You will play an important role in piloting the upcoming work on new API services, as well as further developing our existing APIs.
Your work will improve the experience of millions of Flightradar24 users every day, as well as enable our business and enterprise customers to effectively integrate our aviation data and services with their businesses.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with a small team of developers and product owners on API and web development
- Be a lead contributor to the work on designing and developing our new internal and public APIs
- Develop and maintain existing APIs for serving our website and mobile apps
- Maintain and improve high performance of API response times and availability
- Contribute to projects in other parts of our frontend/website stack
- Deliver modern, testable and maintainable code
- Participate in knowledge sharing and mentoring for other developers in your team
Who you are
- At least 2 years experience of Node.js development
- Strong experience in designing and developing REST APIs and best practices such as consistency, completeness, naming, versioning, etc.
- Natural focus on high standards, quality, testing and unit testing, and tools like Karma and Jasmine
- Experience in developing public-facing APIs and authorization through OAuth 2 or similar
- Experience with high-performance web delivery and caching, e.g. CDNs, Redis, Memcache, Nginx / Varnish, etc.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, and ideally also DynamoDB or similar NoSQL databases
- Experience in modern PHP development would be a plus
- Familiarity with, or interest in, DevOps and cloud deployment, e.g. AWS, Azure, Cloudfront, Docker, Ansible, Terraform
- Strong written and spoken English - Swedish is not needed for this role
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play charts and Wall Street Journal refers to Flightradar24 as the "Facebook of aviation". We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden
- Being part of a diverse team with 15+ nationalities and 5 continents represented