Technical Support Specialist
Flightradar24 has a rapidly growing network of 20,000+ radio receivers, hosted by volunteers around the world, that collect data transmitted by aircraft. This data is at the heart of the industry-leading flight tracking service we provide to millions of consumers and hundreds of companies.
We are looking for a tech-savvy and service-minded individual to join our Technical Support team to maximize the up-time and coverage of the radio receivers and keep the aviation enthusiasts and professionals around the world who share data (either by hosting equipment provided by Flightradar24 or by using their own equipment) excited and engaged.
This position is open to applicants who can work from our Stockholm, Sweden office. However, remote work or relocation could be considered for candidates with extensive ADS-B equipment, Linux and Raspberry Pi experience.
What you’ll do
- Provide tech support on ADS-B hardware and software related issues
- Write bug reports and escalate issues to the development team when necessary
- Proactively reach out to data sharers to help them maximize receiver up-time and coverage
- Monitor online forums and social media channels and join relevant discussions
- Be a passionate data sharer advocate in the Flightradar24 organization continuously on the lookout for ADS-B hardware and software improvements
Who you are
- Passion for helping others and creating support experiences that wow our data sharers
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems and Raspberry Pi devices
- Genuine interest in consumer electronics, including troubleshooting and an eagerness to learn about new technologies
- Customer support experience
- Excellent English skills (written and verbal). Extra points if you speak another major language, especially Japanese or French
- Experience installing and configuring radio receiver equipment, ideally ADS-B receivers
- Aviation interest
- Experience managing social media accounts and/or online forums
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play charts and Wall Street Journal refers to Flightradar24 as the "Facebook of aviation". We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us. Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden
- Being part of a diverse team with 15+ nationalities and 5 continents represented